MINI Cooper Forum banner

Lights on warning not working

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  tonybone 
#1 ·
I hope someone can help I have searched all over and can't find an answer.

There is no headlights left on warning on my 2005 MC

I have just bought it and the seller had just changed the drivers door actuator as the pin wasn't going up and down he said.

I believe the door contact micro switch is working as the interior light turns on and off as it should

Does anyone know where the speaker/relay for the lights on buzzer is? Or is there a fuse for it? Checked the onboard fuse box and all appears correct and nothing obvious.

Any help would be great as its only a matter of time before we come back out to s flat battery

Cheers

Dicky

#6 ·
If I leave the lights on they will just stay on they are not auto lights.

There is no warning if I leave parking lights on either.

I just need to find the speaker/buzzer or relay but the wiring diagrams I have don't really help.

The owners manual says I should have a warningbwith the lights left on

#7 ·
Update

As well as the headlights on warning not working, the is also no audible tone for low fuel level or cold weather alert.

So have all the audible alerts been turned off?

Or where is the speaker in the BC1 or separate? I am hoping its separate but can't find any diagram with a speaker output on it, so guess I need a new BC1 unless someone can repair it?

Any thoughts?

#11 ·
wtf !!!! I left my lights on again because there is no warning that they were left on !!!! ive gotten stuck twice now.... sure I can remember to turn them off but I would think that certainly there is an alarm/chime.

im not sure how to use these forums or if anyone can even see this to respond.... please advise. Thetonybone@aol.com. any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.