MINI Cooper Forum banner

Problem after problem!! Help please!!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mab01uk 
#1 ·
Hi first post new here!

I bought a Mini Cooper Park Lane 55 plate two weeks ago (my first mini)

Al I have had is trouble since day one!!!

I bought the car on Saturday 11th October for £5K I got home after an hour drive in it, I loved it!!! My partners dad had a look at it, he knows his cars I do not! He noticed a noise which he pointed out to me I thought it was normal having only passed my test 3 months ago.

PROBLEM 1
I took it to a garage the following Monday and the gearbox bearings had gone!! :angry: I had a brand new gearbox fitted the mini was off the road for 5 days awaiting the new gearbox and new clutch whilst it was there! I finally got it back and all was well except it was juddering sometimes in 2nd gear (I presumed it was just the new gears needed working in) then 2 days ago I was driving at night and realised I had no reverse light (it was working before the new gearbox, I looked on here and found it could be the switch?? I was planning on taking it back to the garage to get that sorted.

PROBLEM 2
Last night the power stearing didn't activate when I started it up, it was a right task steering but it came on once I got going, and it didn't happen again. Today I have done around 80 miles with no problem

PROBLEM 3
I went to go out after work, I couldn't turn the key at all in the ignition. It would go in but couldn't even turn it once! Again this website saved the day and found a solution to a problem with steering lock. Problem quickly solved!

PROBLEM 4 (hopefully the last!)
I went to go back out earlier the power steering wouldn't activate, I struggled again until it got going but it took longer this time, the engine light is now constantly on, and every few mins the power steering deactivates whilst driving!! More often when at slower speeds (under 20mph) the whole journey around 90mins it was coming and going making it a nightmare to steer!!

What on earth have I bought????

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.