MINI Cooper Forum banner

Help please: Humpback bridge whoops steering odd and EML light

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  The Nun 
#1 ·
Hi there

Not had my S for long now. Around 5 months. I love it ... trouble is think i may have loved it abit too much as it were.

Few days i took a hump back bridge abit too fast and ended up getting abit of 'air'. Landed fine and thought id got away with it but now im wondering if i have caused damage or just coincidence.

As Recently it has lost that go kart steering feel and feels alot more 'loose' feedback through the wheels and general steering. Also might be my imagination but can feel impurities in the road alot more.

Added to that i start car today and it stuttered and would not idle and was running really badly and went into limp mode. EML warning light came on.

Situation now is EML light isnt on anyway and idles ok ( engine managment light still on ) . However when i rev it , it makes an odd noise that i havent heard before.

I know its hard to guess and easy to speculate but any ideas ? im just hoping my bridge encounter hasnt cost me alot of money =(

Anxious Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
You did an Italian Job I think?
Depends on the altitude you managed to achieve but if it was a good thump as it landed, did you ground it? might have done some damage to the suspension arms/turrets. If its knocked out the steering geometry the car might recognise this as a fault hence your warnings?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.