MINI Cooper Forum banner

R50 CVT won't past 20 MPH?

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  IanWilliams80 
#1 ·
I was driving fine then after a full stop on a red light i noticed like if something kicked on the back, the with the green light I push the gas pedal but the car didn't responded, RPM was not moving at all and the car started to move very slow.

put the car on Parking push the gas pedal i can see the RPM go all way up, put it on Drive the car moves very slow, RPM won't pass 1000 and the car goes up to 20MPH.

no idea what is wrong, maybe any of you knows better.

thanks,

#2 ·
a little update

I was able to take it to my parking last night, then this morning I took it to a mechanic not very far, and surprisingly the car was driving fine, I noticed a little of hesitation while driving slow making a full stop.

No engine light on so far, the mechanic ran the scanner and he told me the most serious thing was something about the cruise control and some other electrical thing but nothing serious and he will clear them then i will drive and see if the coded come back again, so far the car is ok, but i don't want to drive it very far, i am afraid it happen again also i don't feel it with enough power like before.

i asked if could be the transmission, he said if was the transmission there car wouldn't move or RPM high while on drive but moving slow, which was not the case.

i never done the oil change on the transmission, would you recommend doing it now the car has 150k?

i am new in toronto, so i don't know many places where to take it, i don't have much to spend on the car.

thanks again

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.