MINI Cooper Forum banner

b800 air bag reset tool , HOW ?.

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CROSSFIREROB 
#1 ·
Hi , im having a bit of a nightmare with our 2004 mini , really like the car , had it a few years now , but the air bag light came on the other day so after reading in the forum I needed a Mini fault reader I bought one , only to find it wont turn off air bag light DOH!!, so I bought a B800 as per recommenced on the forum , and when I plug this is , all I get is a Flashing E followed by the number 10 , if I press the clear faults , all I get is another flashing E followed by a 11 , does anyone have any clues , I am a bit lost, the people sell you these things quick enough , but there no follow up help , thanks , Rob , Portsmouth .

#4 ·
Ive just been back outside , and both scanners I have do not work , the B800 does as above, and the other scanner called B110 reads but wont connect to the SRS system , I just get Cant connect to srs .

Modern cars drive me potty , I have a 1957 Pontiac I rebuilt and I have had no trouble with for 12 years, I also have a Drag race car I built the engine in that runs 150 mph in 8 seconds , I have had that for 16 years .

BUT I CANT PUT THE AIR BAG LIGHT OUT ON MY MINI ARHHHH!!!!!!!!, even with the electrical tools .Time to go for a ride on my bike I guess.

#6 ·
Problem resolved , and it was stupidly obvious ,the tool was not receiving a signal from the ecu , simply because the air bag fuse had blown , can you believe that !, I feel a bit stupid for not checking , the thing is for another reason I had checked all the fuses only the previous week, and all were good , so didn't think to check again , I just thought I had an air bag fault , so went from there .Anyway its sorted and the B800 works fine , the light is out , I can sleep tonight without wondering what is wrong with the car lol .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.