MINI Cooper Forum banner

SRS Tool Help

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Coddeh 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Typically my SRS light is on after moving the passenger seat around.
I bought the B200 tool from ebay but no matter what I do it just throws error codes (E11 and E10). The display on my B200 tool is faulty however (shows C instead of E) and I'm thinking that the whole thing could be faulty. I was wondering if there was anyone in central London who has a tool that could check/reset the light I could visit? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Cheers

#5 ·
Alright I'll give it a go now and tell you my results...

Annoyingly my Mini cooper has developed another fault today. When I use anything above 4/5 throttle the engine gets louder then usual.
Kind of like a blown exhaust but coming from the engine bay area.
Thinking there might be a hole in the manifold but not sure =/

#6 ·
OK just tried unplugging the seats and plugging them back in to no avail. The plugs were covered in some clear gel, wasn't sure to wipe that off or not?
The B800 (sorry I said B200 in my first post) machine still throws errors.
Anything else I can try? If done everything in the manual =/

#7 ·
From memory with the B800 the first code dictates which table to refer to in the booklet then the second code tells you what is at fault and where. I have successfully used the B800 many times in the past but I now tend to use my laptop when clearing faults as its much more precise. If you run a search on here then you may find a better solution to your problem. I've seen cars with the plugs removed and electrical blocks in their place but this is something I personally wouldn't do unless it was a last resort.

#8 ·
Indeed the reason I bought the B800 is because I've heard it worked well for many others. It seems though that its not the tool at fault here. I've taken it to my mechanic and he says his computer cannot communicate with the mini as well which seems like there is a bigger issue here. I have no idea what its going to take to try and fix the communication issue but the SRS light being on is an MOT failure I believe and if I can't reset it I'm buggered =/

The only thing I might be able to try myself is remove the passenger seat and have a proper look at the cables. Maybe there is a break in one of them?

I've heard of one person replacing their battery with a new one and then being able to reset the light?

#9 ·
I'm in no way suggesting this as a permanent solution but I have, in my time here, learned that removing the lamp from the SRS warning light get's you through the MOT with an advisory only.
Obviously you're better off sorting the fault but it might just buy you a little time.

#10 ·
As for removing the lamp it is just an LED that I would have to unsolder from the mini speedo circuit board. As a last resort I may try this but would need to figure out why we can't communicate with the Mini computer.

:EDIT:

So my mechanic has mentioned he can communicate with everything on the Mini other then the SRS system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.