MINI Cooper Forum banner

Driver side heat works but passenger side does not. Help Please!

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a curious issue that I cannot seem to find the answer to on the forums.

I turned on the heater in my 2004 MCS R53 for my girlfriend the other day and she started to complain that there was no hot air on her side. I thought it was weird because my side did have hot air. Now I would not have an issue if this case was the reverse because I am always hot, but she needs it.

I have tried closing my vents and only opening hers with the blower at full blast but I still get the same result no matter what I try. Even the defrost vents on the passenger blow cold air and the driver side blows lukewarm air.

I do not know if it is related but another issue is my coolant expansion tank bubbles through the cap sometimes. I have changed the cap but it only minimized the bubbling for a while and did not fix the fault.

I have seen a few posts about the thermostat and matrix causing issues. Should I start by looking at those components first?

Thanks in advance for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.