MINI Cooper Forum banner

04 s window wont go up when door closes

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Mark Swaysland 
#1 ·
I purchased an 04 s yesterday and the previous owner mentioned that there may be a problem with the window. What I noticed was that when you close the passenger door the window won't go up the 1/4"...does anyone know what may be the issue...The previous owner mentioned they replaced the window motor a few years ago, but that everything was working fine...just that it won't go up when you close the door.

Im new to Mini Coopers as I Have driven an old Ford for the last few years....any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

#8 ·
I blame the previous owner John! None of my MINI's have seen a tow truck (yet) except the BL one which I blew up. I don't have any faith in the dealer network as I've had 2 cars in for repair (under warranty) and once they failed to repair it and charged me an extra £315! then quoted me nearly a grand to actually fix it after I pointed out the problem. I fixed it myself for £55 and my labour was free :big_grin:

#9 ·
I doubt any previous owner could have made the ignition switch suddenly stop working leaving me stranded ?
And the radiator leak... Maybe if the coolant hadn't been changed, but it had as it wasn't BMW colour.
Totally agree with dealerships, their work is just shoddy and massively overpriced ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.