MINI Cooper Forum banner

Warning lights!!! Help please

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 · (Edited)
So not sure if this is the right place i have an 01 mini one and i have warning lights on and i can only assume there is a wiring issue. The abs and handbrake warning lights dont go off ever and neither do my tire pressure or my airbag warning lights and on top of all this there is no lights that come on at all on my tacho.

Any help here would be great ill try and put pics up now if not might be later

Cheers for any help in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Spot on the dot @k3fus

The BCM is located in the drivers footwell and the early cars like yours BeardyMini didn't have covers on them to help prevent water ingress from hitting them. You will probably find that your car has had a replacement windscreen at some point and the leak has started from there on! A quick way to determine if it is the BCM is to hook a diagnostic reader up and if the reader can't clear the codes nor can it even see the BCM then there lies your fault. The bad news is a new BCM from mini is just over £500 fitted or there abouts!

#5 ·
so after buying another mini im going to attempt to keep this broken one on the road as pointed out above i have a BCM issue so i had a look around on ebay and found this (see attachments) cant post links yet but it seems to be what id need for this car my question is can this just be fitted directly into the car without any coding or would i still need too make a trip to mini?

its same model and year as my car so im assuming part numbers would be the same :S

not going to buy it unless someone know 100% if it would work or be easier than having new one fitted by mini

Cheers for any help in advance

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.