MINI Cooper Forum banner

05 Mini - Comprehensive Component Not Ready

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LeCloon 
#1 ·
Hello all

Just trying to determine if the Comprehensive Component Not Ready is solely do to not enough drive cycles or a singular drive cycle not having been complete. I've followed the various documents I've found pertaining to drive cycle but can't seem to get the Comprehensive Component to show as ready, for now i'll keep trying but I wanted to post to see if i was missing anything.

I've been doing the Start Engine Cold... Idle for 2 1/2 mins with AC/Rear Defogger on... Drive between 20-30 holding steady for 3 1/2 mins... Highway 50-60 mph for ~15 mins... decelerate with no brake or gear changes/clutch till i get down to 20 mph... accelerate back up to 50-60 etc..

I've read in a few other drive cycles that after that is all done i need to idle in gear for 5 mins.. I assume this means to leave car in say 1st gear with clutch down and sit there for 5 mins? Another document was showing I also need to put some gas in.. that the refilling of gas does something but I don't believe it's related to Comprehensive Component... I don't know here.. This is just a major pain in the ass.

Car won't pass inspection until Comprehensive Component shows as ready and it's the only thing that isn't showing as ready at the moment, all other areas are good to go.

Any advice/links/suggestions/comments/etc are greatly welcomed.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.