MINI Cooper Forum banner

Chrono Pack Temp Guage

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SunJCW 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've just acquired a 2005 MCS and the temp gauge in the centre chrono is refusing to read correctly.

When the ignition is turned on the needle jumps from its test point to the first mark and then never goes any further. If checked the actual temp being read by enabling the test function on the rev counter (holding the trip button etc) and it appears to be reading what I would excpect, mid 90c, and coolant levels seem ok so I don't think it's a sensor.

I've also tried to reset the ECU through the same menu system on the rev counter and this hasn't made any difference.

All the other gauges seem to operate correctly (oil temp/pressure, fuel) so could it just be the temp gauge and if she can it be repaired/replaced individually or is it the whole chronic pack? If the whole chronic has to be replaced is it coded to the car as I've seen one on eBay that could be a straight swap.

Many thanks

Tim

See less See more
#2 ·
If checked the actual temp being read by enabling the test function on the rev counter (holding the trip button etc) and it appears to be reading what I would excpect, mid 90c, and coolant levels seem ok so I don't think it's a sensor.
If the whole chronic has to be replaced is it coded to the car as I've seen one on eBay that could be a straight swap. Many thanks Tim
How do you 'enable the test function'? Didn't know you could do that. I'd really like to know what the actual temp is. I have a 2005 MCS, without chrono pack. Wish I had one. I know where there is one very cheap. But apparently wiring it in would be a mission. So I haven't gone there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.