MINI Cooper Forum banner

Dents In Roof????

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  drozd 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone else has had small knuckle size dents in thier roofs. I have three small dents, don't know how they got there. I met one other cooper S that had a similar dent. We both have the sunroof option. Wondering if they dents are from sructural stress from cornering?? Or just someone mad at us?

If anyone else has had dents in thier roof please reply.

#6 ·
Yup

Just noticed 4 small dings right where the roof curves down to the windows, I have a white roof and sunroof, doesn't look like it could have been done from some external force, as there are no outer marks, and they're so small that I can't imagine anything causing that kind of dent.
When cornering or going down curbs/driveways, it does sound like there is a bit of flexing going on in the roof/sunroof area, loud creaks (not rattles) coming from that region..

I don't think this is the same thing as the black roof buckling issue, but I was wondering if this is it's own phenomenon, something to do with the large sunroof, wear and tear, etc. It doesn't appear as if these dents are going to go away after a rain....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.