MINI Cooper Forum banner

Harmon/Kardon (some questions)

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DaFlake 
#1 ·
Hi all!

New to the boards, but just have a quick question! I have just bought a 06 plate Mini (ONE D) and its fitted with amoungst lots of other things, the Harmon Kardon sound system. Did not fully test it on the test drive, but my dad has a HK system in one of his Land Rovers and its the dogs.

So.

Is this the best OEM system that was offered by MINI for this generation of mini? Quite confused as the MINI website shows something called a "Digital POWER SoundModul" which cannot be fitted to cars with a Harmon Kardon system? and is a £900 option.

Also does anybody have any info bout the H/K system that I have, I think its an 8 speaker set up, how many watts does it produce etc?

Confused????

#3 ·
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

So am I right in thinking that the sound modul is a better system than the Harmon/Kardon, or are they on a par?

Im still a little confused as to why it cant be fitted to cars with the HK system, is this because like you says its dealer fit and thus is desined as an alternative for those who are running the standard OEM speaker systems in their cars? (e.g radio boost or whatever its known as)

#5 ·
The DPSM is better, but then it costs nearly 4 times as much. I'm not sure what the exact reason is why the DPSM can't be fitted it you have H/K, but I can tell you that if you really want it, you can have the H/K ripped out first. But it'll cost you an absolute fortune...

#6 ·
Nah not botherd bout having it fitted, was just a tad confused as the sales guy kept banging on about it been the best system that was avliable and then came home to see the SoundModul on the website.
The HK should be fine!! My bro has the bog standard system in his and thats got good bass at high volume, so cant wait to try out the HK! What wattage are we talking with the HK?

#10 ·
The HK should be fine!! My bro has the bog standard system in his and thats got good bass at high volume, so cant wait to try out the HK! What wattage are we talking with the HK?
I was never that impressed with the Boost CD in my first MINI. In fact i thought it was bordering on pants :hmph:. When i bought my second MINI i ordered Harmon Kardon , and have been impressed with it. If you think the standard system sounds good, your going to be blown away by HK :wink: :biggrin:.

#11 ·
Well for a bogo system thought it was ok, my last car was a C2 and the sound system was not very good to say the least!

So with your comment in mind, Im excited to hear it properly now!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.