MINI Cooper Forum banner

Ipod Harmon Kardon DSP USAPSEC questions on these

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wrxtomini 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
HI there,

Just had a few quick questions i tried searching for but couldnt find anything so here it goes

My situation is that i've bought an Ipod adaptor from USASPEC - site for the interested ppl www.usaspec.com/

but i have a harmon kardon HK system in my car i have a mini cooperS 2003, is the HK system classified as a DSP thing ? because in the USASPEC specification sheet it says

Note: DF/PA11-BMW are not compatible with vehicles with GPS, Satellite Radio, CD Changer, or DSP system.

Below i have included 2 pictures of the plug that is meant to go into the headunit or boot area..

So does anyone know if this will work with my mini ? just need some answers so that i know wether to waste my time pulling my car apart or not , :p

As you can see im quite a newbie but answer would help me and others in future

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the reply DaFlake and murmini :)

DaFlake: yeah you were correct i did a further search last night and discovered exactly what you mentioned, for those looking for this wiring plugs they are located in the boot where there is a cover on either side its on the side that doesnt store you tool case.
The plugs will be taped to the harness with masking tape and if you have HK system like me its sometimes hidden under it so you have to digg in for it :) this was also mentioned by the useful link posted by "murmini"

One other thing i read somewhere is the newer mini's or GP's or something may not have come with these cd changer cables anylonger so if you dont find your cable just do a search, i also heard this cable is around $107 bux or something dont know what currency but im assuming maybe US but thats quite pricey :)

murmini: Thanks for the reply mate was helpful even though like you said the plug harness differed abit but yeah it was the same thing overall, because the main thing was finding the cd changer cable to plug directly into the car so once thats found should be straight forward after that.

Anyways i will do a write up once i've installed it just for those that do buy a USAPSEC in future. Because it doesnt seem like anyone mentions anything about usaspec :p just want to also do abit more research to see if its possible to rewire the cable or something so you can hook it up into the back of the headunit just for convenience so people don't have to try and thread it from the boot area to the front seats.

ciaoz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.