MINI Cooper Forum banner

Harmon Kardon - What's included

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WissCooperS 
#1 ·
Hello..

i've been looking to upgrade my 02 Mini S with the Harmon Kardon system... i was told that the kit comprises of speakers and an amplifier (part number 65130029635) but the cost for the retrofit kit is around US$2000... in addition i was told that i need the radio boost retro fit kit (6512014851) but no details of what that includes ... is it just a converter? what if i want to upgrade the head unit itself (currently my version takes in Tapes, i'd like to switch it with a single CD player)... any words on this?

#2 ·
Ive got the HK system and as far as im aware the speakers, head unit and the fact it has an amplifier are all different to standard. I upgraded my head unit to a kenwood dvd one and you need to get something called a hkenabler for it to work with the hk system. You can get it from NewMINIStuff.com
If I was you and I didnt already have it fitted I would just get an aftermarket system as the HK is a very good system but you can get aftermarket ones that are better for cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.