MINI Cooper Forum banner

Harmon Kardon fault

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hugo 
#1 ·
I found that today that my passenger side front speaker was making a funny noise whilst playing loudish music (not maximum).

It was like a vibrating noise as if a screw was loose. I have checked the sound settings, the bass and treble are all on normal settings, and there are no objects in the passenger door pockets which could have been vibrating against the plastic.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

I am phoning up the dealer tomorrow to book the car in to have it checked.

Thanks for your help!

#4 ·
Just contacted them. Since this problem only occurs sometimes the dealer said if they do not find the problem they won't be able to replace it - which is a pain in the arse because there is something definately wrong!

Thanks Hugo by the way, that could provide to be very useful! I shall be printing that off and taking it to the dealer on Friday.

#5 ·
Instead of the foam pockets you could use dynamat or cut out foam surrounds.

I only got the Mini a couple of months ago. I'm going to take mine back to the dealership and see what they say. Thanks ScottP7, why should I waste my time and effort and MONEY fixing a known problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.