MINI Cooper Forum banner

Harman Kardon Stopped working!!!!

5K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  jimb2469 
#1 ·
Hi all
Ive got a 2004 Cooper s works, with the harmen kardon system.
it was working just fine until about a week ago when all of a sudden a loud noise( like a radio being tuned) came over the whole system, whilst i could still hear the music underneath it!, then it went away! then came back, and so on, until eventually it completely stopped! like the lights were on but no-one was home! just an occasional poping sound from the speakers( sort of every 30 seconds)
Can anybody please help?:(

#9 ·
Wait, I think there is some confusion here.

DSP is a totally different sound system than the HK. The components can't be mixed. If you get an HK amp from a different vehicle, I would think that it should work. I saw no mention of DSP from the OP so I am not even sure why the above was mentioned.

#11 ·
I see what you are talking about. The confusion is on my end. MINI made a system called DSP and it is not H/K. That is what i thought you were talking about. You mean that the presets won't be for the MINI. This is a true statement and it may not sound that good. However, I thought those were kept in the H/U, not the amp.

#16 · (Edited)
i guess the "Prongs" off the speaker conections were in a different place, i guess if you separated them and changed em round, you could probably get it going, but thats a bit too labour intensive i think!, not sure why the ipod never worked properly? the multi funtion,and head unit could not control the selection, only the sound?(out of the left speakers?) Least i know its the amp thats faulty, and should have the new one on monday:-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.