New head unit radio/cd for cooper late 2004
Hi new member - first question.
My mrs has just got a COOPER R50 - LATE 2004.
The radio isnt playing CDs too good, only about 1 in 4 and thats originals.
It doesnt have a multifunction steering wheel - just the basic one.
Anyone recommend anything to fix it ? - i presume the laser is just tired or dirty like happens to them.
1) If i have to take it out to have a look at it - is it coded or anything ?
if so where will the code be ?
2) Can you put one of them CD cleaners through - is that worth a try you recon ?
3) If I buy a new one im not bothered about it being a mini one - will virtually any car radio/cd head unit do to replace it -if so i need an
a) fixing kit and
b) wiring loom adaptor for the back off ebay or something - yes ?
If so can anyone recommend the right ones.
4) If I replace it with something I also want to be able to have an interface lead for her ipod plugged into the back of it permanently via a socket or something (preferably NOT through the front)
5) A unit that her phone can connect with via bluetooth and also use the minis speakers would be an added bonus.
Any other advice- do's or dont's or issues relating the the basic radio/cd player in the late 204 cooper much appreciated.
Also any radios anyone knows of or might have fitted that fit this kind of description that anyone has fitted would also be of help, not too expensive, roundabout a hundred quid or less.
gonna have a look at it in next cpl of days.
Cheers - Andy & Rach