post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2014, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Mini Bob

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

Kenwood Stereo Harness

I just purchased a new Kenwood KDC755 stereo. I want to make my install as easy as possible. Is there a harness that can connect to my existing factory harness then to the Kenwood stereo without having to splice wires? If so, where can I find one and how much?

I have a 2005 MCS with the HK stereo.
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2014, 06:18 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 11:33 PM

United Kingdom Male

Hi Mini Bob there is. I am doing the reverse. Picked up a second hand 2002 One for my girlfriend on the weekend which came fitted with a kenwood stereo. As I have a spare, stock correct radio I have already removed the Kenwood & lo & behold it has that loom you're talking about, obviously for me it's no surplus to requirements but useful for you; however for the cost in shipping & time waiting on postage it may be cheaper & quicker to source your own. I did take a quick look on ebay and there are plenty there, however if you're finding it difficult then could arrange to send you this one.
Thanks for this post from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2014, 07:36 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 08:33 AM

Australia Male

Australia

If you have a Harmon Kardon system in the Mini at the moment my understanding is to utilise it and the existing speakers you will need a HK Enabler to interface the new head unit to the Harmon Kardon amplifier.

If you want the steering wheel controls to work with the new head unit you will need a Multi-Function Steering Wheel adaptor.

These are both available from NewMiniStuff.

NewMiniStuff wire these two units together so you end up with a wiring loom (adaptor) that plugs in between the existing head unit plug in the car and the new head unit.

If you email NewMiniStuff with the details of what head unit your planning to use they can advise you on what will work.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2014, 11:26 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:33 PM

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byatt View Post
If you have a Harmon Kardon system in the Mini at the moment my understanding is to utilise it and the existing speakers you will need a HK Enabler to interface the new head unit to the Harmon Kardon amplifier.

If you want the steering wheel controls to work with the new head unit you will need a Multi-Function Steering Wheel adaptor.

These are both available from NewMiniStuff.

NewMiniStuff wire these two units together so you end up with a wiring loom (adaptor) that plugs in between the existing head unit plug in the car and the new head unit.

If you email NewMiniStuff with the details of what head unit your planning to use they can advise you on what will work.
Do you have any Idea if this ---> L.O.C.PRO™ LP7-2 Line Output Converter -- can work as HK enabler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply