post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2014, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
6 CD auto changer fault/issue

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help me with a small matter.

I have a 52 plate Mini Cooper with radio boost cassette complete with a factory fitted 6 cd auto changer in the boot.

When I bought the car few weeks ago everything worked fine.

Last week I went to use the cd changer and the display on the head unit said "no magazine", I then went in the boot and tried to eject the magazine but it just made a wirlling noise and would not eject.

Today I checked the f10/f27 fuses from the foot well, both look fine.

I then disconnected the cd changer, checked its own 32amp fuse and that seemed fine as well.

I then reconnected the cd changer, but now when I go to the head unit and press mode, I get no option to switch to the cd changer, no message like no cd, no magazine nothing at all, plus I still can't eject the magazine and it makes no whirling noise either.

One thing to consider is that I forgot to discounted the car battery before removing the auto changer.

Wonder if anyone can offer any advice on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.