MINI Cooper Forum banner

Key button Door Unlock

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ssoliman 
#1 ·
Hey you guys, when i try to unlock my doors with the key button the passenger side unlocks but not the drivers side. I have to stick the key in the door and unlock it like that.

When I us the key to lock the doors it works fine. Both doors lock.

Anyone know this one?

#4 ·
Replacing door lock actuators

There are lots of 'how to' posts on this forum and also some good videos on You Tube.

Replacing the door locks on a gen 1 mini is a DIY job but you do need small hands to do it easily, and you will have to loosen the bottom adjustment bolt on the window glass guide in order to move it out of the way of the door lock so that you can extract it from the door.

This can require some window adjustment after the door lock is replaced but if you take care you can definitely do it yourself in around 45 mins and save yourself a lot of money at the sealers.

It's worth getting some new door card retaining clips before you start as you may find some are already broken, or you will end up breaking some yourself during the process of removing and replacing the door card!

#5 ·
There are lots of 'how to' posts on this forum and also some good videos on You Tube.

Replacing the door locks on a gen 1 mini is a DIY job but you do need small hands to do it easily, and you will have to loosen the bottom adjustment bolt on the window glass guide in order to move it out of the way of the door lock so that you can extract it from the door.

This can require some window adjustment after the door lock is replaced but if you take care you can definitely do it yourself in around 45 mins and save yourself a lot of money at the sealers.

It's worth getting some new door card retaining clips before you start as you may find some are already broken, or you will end up breaking some yourself during the process of removing and replacing the door card!

thanks ihughes, the clips are good idea. i'll let y'all know how it goes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.