MINI Cooper Forum banner

Airbag resistor value: 3.9 Ohms ? For sure ?

16K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mab01uk 
#1 ·
I have read ALL I could find on the topic of fooling the airbags when replacing the seats with aftermarket units. The only issue I have is that I have read conflicting info on the value of the resistor: 2.2, 3, 3.9, 4 ohms... 3.9 seems to be leading so far ;-)

Can anyone confirm that, and also can I just barge into a radio shack and ask for a 3.9 ohms resistor and get the part ? Or is it a case of needing a voltage as well, or a series of resistors to reach that value ?
Cluless about resistors... Thanks !

Greg.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes, that is the main source of the good info, however I have someone else who's done this to the car too and thinks it was 2.2 ohms ! My dealer being "the pits" ("Ehh, we don't do that, adn Mini does not do that" - "there is no release form" either ) I want to be absolutely sure of that value before I do the swap and trigger a light that they will make me jump thru hoops to cancel - or may not help at all - yes they suck that bad ! ;-) All I need is a confirmation from someone who's done this recently with fresh memories ! ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.