MINI Cooper Forum banner

Standard radio plays MP3?

22K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Garrus 
#1 ·
I've been told that the new 2005 Mini radios play MP3s.
The Mini website does not mention this. Any idea if
it's really true?

-Radar

#13 ·
steebo777 said:
What? I have no clue what that means. The other MP3 thread in this thread describes all the functions of the new '05 HU, as well as how to make folders for the HU.
what he was trying to say was that if you named the folders BMW1, BMW2, etc. that you could use the 1-5 buttons on the radio to change between those folders directly.
Unfortunately that doesn't work. I tried it with the last MP3 CD I burned that it had absolutely no effect.

#14 ·
Has anyone gotten the 05 Boost H/U to recognize folders? I have tried but it doesn't seem to work, it just plays them all straight through.

#17 ·
scott_roberts, i found out how to change folders! When you're playing your mp3 cd, push the "m" button on the head unit. Now you can change folders by pressing forward or back. When you want to get back to changing tracks, push the "m" again. I have to figure out now if it will recognize more than 6 folders.

#20 ·
eeney said:
Thanks for all the info here guys.

I've just burnt and successfully tested my first mp3 CD :) , with 8 albums on one CD, who needs a CD changer :D
I think the amount of folders would be practically unlimited. If there is a limit it might be 255 folders as some other systems have that as an upper limit. I've played several MP3 CD-Rs now and the only problem is with no ID3 tags I can't always see what folder I'm on till I've played a track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.