MINI Cooper Forum banner

Denim Soft Top, 2009 colors, Horizon Blue Interchange Yellow

18K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  dalboyne 
#1 · (Edited)
My fellow MINI2 citizens, Did I miss this thread here? a recent search didn't give results. So for your reading pleasure, here are, what might possibly be, the new colors for the R57!!
Metalic - "Horizon Blue" which is supposed to be sort of like of "Space Blue"
Non-Metalic - Interchange Yellow
[6-Sep-2008]
Just found out from the dealer that 2 more colors are anticipated for the "entire 2009 line up." The other two are "Top Secret" for 2009 but the total of new colors is now up to 4.
[16-Sep-2008]
Thanks to Gabe from Motoring file - reports a Denim Top with Metalic like looks will be available for the R57. What?? A Metalic Top! Who knew...? More to think about as I wait to finalize my order. updated article here
[27-Sep-2008]
Motoringfile has a new update with pics!! of the r57. So it begins...
Also, the spaceblue return is actually "Horizon Blue". See more about what's coming in the Debut here

Original link to Gabe's article from Motoring File below.

2009 MINI Convertible to Get Exclusive Color
Sections: Efficiency, R57 Jul 18th, 2008 (at MotoringFile- MotoringFile » Archive » 2009 MINI Convertible to Get Exclusive Color)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I does sound "sweet!" - LOL

So much for the metalic roof option I was thinking about before. I am having fun with the color possibilities for the interior vs the exterior: like Hot Choc on the outside and tan leather on the inside...

But I would probably chose the "space blue" color.

#5 ·
I really thought orange was going to make a come back or even purple. My sister is still hoping pink will be an option for her some day. ... but no straying from the center I guess...so tada...more blue, but it's metalic.

#8 ·
Where is the great Orange that MINI needs........not sure about the "interchange Yellow" Sounds odd to me.....does this suggest that the Mellow Yellow isn't as successful as it could have been?

Will have to wait to see it in the flesh.......

What is it with the blue's......where is the dusky pink red or the flat black......Brilliant green or an icey white...come on have some imagination BMW................

#9 ·
Why can't we have a decent bright metallic red? I have had 2 blue MINIs (Indie Blue Once, Cool Blue Cabrio) and now I want a metallic red! But sorry, I really don't think Nightfire Red is bright enough for the convertible. How about something like the red shown on the new Alfa MiTo?

Alfa Romeo MiTo | First Drives | Car Reviews | Auto Express

I like this colour so much, I may end up buying the MiTo instead of my next MINI!!! (And it will be on the streets sooner than the R57 too.........)

Come to think of it, has there been a single decent metallic red at all with the MINI?

As Paul says....not another blue! :(

Ian

#11 ·
Heard this quite a while ago - I'm a bit annoyed that they're recycling the Space Blue - so much for it being a 'special edition' :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH - Next year they're bringing back Solar Red, Thunder Blue and Royal Grey, just to **** off and alienate the rest of the 1st Gen SE owners :p

#24 ·
Total of 4 new 2009 MINI colors!!

Just found out today from Mini Dealership Germany that two more colors are anticipated for the "entire 2009 line up". The other two are "Top Secret" for 2009 but the total of new colors is now up to 4.
So 2 for the r57 and then 2 more.. What could those possibly be?

Oh, and yes...finally :D... I have money down and a spot reserved for an R57!!!! Now the waiting part :(

#25 ·
Just found out today from Mini Dealership Germany that two more colors are anticipated for the "entire 2009 line up". The other two are "Top Secret" for 2009 but the total of new colors is now up to 4.
So 2 for the r57 and then 2 more.. What could those possibly be?

Oh, and yes...finally :D... I have money down and a spot reserved for an R57!!!! Now the waiting part :(
Excellent news! Let's hope that one is a nice metallic red ;)

But there again, as this will be the 50th anniversary of the mini, perhaps the colours will be special authentic original colours........:eek:

Congrats on getting your order down - did they give you any hint of a delivery date? Or even when they might want your detailed specification?

Ian

#26 ·
Thanks dalboyne, I heard "as early as January but lets plan on the end of March to avoid excess frustration."
Some time in December, I should be able to detail the order.

I am going to look up colors from 50 years ago to see what they are and what the new ones might be.

#27 ·
I was able to speak to MINI marketing people at the Belgium-Luxembourg JCW launch event yesterday, and it seems that a mid-March availability of the new R57 may be on the cards (at least, here in continental Europe). As for the 4 new colours, not much news, but I don't think a nice metallic red is on the list :mad: Speccing the new car may be by the end of this year, or early 2009 at the latest for first deliveries. But we may be ordering before having seen the new colurs in the metal......:eek:

#30 ·
More from Gabe at Motoring File - Denim Metalic soft top in the works for the R57:

"But the big news today is that the R57 will also get a couple new top options as well. Along with the normal black color, MINI will offer a dark brown roof color. Finally MINI will debut the Denim Blue as another top choice that is said to be made of material that actually appears to have metallic glittering flakes in it." see the link at the beginning of this thread

#37 ·
Color update in the Future Variants Forum...Midnight Black, Horizon Blue both to be offered for all 09 models and interchange yellow to be exclusive to the R57. Was Midnight Black ever a color in MINI or Mini History?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.