MINI Cooper Forum banner

Where's the radio aerial ?

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MiniAlf486 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've got poor reception on some of the radio stations, I get the main BBC ones, but local radios not so good ... I wondered, where is the aerial so I can check it's connections ... car's 2006 Cooper S convertible !

Ta in advance.

#2 ·
I found when I got my MCS that radio reception was bad. I bought a new aerial which screws in to the base. But what I found was that there is a screw thread that goes in to the base and the aerial was very rusty. I cleaned that and this improved the reception.

Ultimately I put the new aerial on with the new threaded bit it came with and all was good.

Minialf

#5 ·
Hi Minialf, thanks for replying ... my issue is I can't find one at all ... eg I thought maybe it was built in the windscreen or rear one ... not that I can see that it is and normally you can see that, but I don't appear to have one on the bodywork etc ... this could be my problem of course ! ;o) ... so could you tell me where you aerial physically is please mate ?

Cheers in advance.

#3 ·
Hi Minialf ... so where is the aerial ... as I can't see one on the car ... unless it's build in the rear or front windscreen ... which if you are saying that they have a screwed one into the metal of the car ... then that may explain my issue ! It hasn't got one ;o)

#4 ·
Hi Minialf,

Thanks for your response ... I will have to have another look, but my issue is I can't find it at all ... eg I thought maybe it's built in the windscreen or rear screen ... as I can see one on the body at all ... hence my question ... can you specifically tell me where yours is on your model please ?

Thank you ...

#9 ·
Thanks for your help ... it appears that the reason I couldn't find it ... is because the stub is there, but someone's nicked the stem ! ;o) ... so I'll need to buy a replacement ... I looked today in the daylight ... and realised it was missing something ! Ta all for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.