I have a Cooper S on order. I rented an MCS
for a day just to see the comparison. I wrote a big comparo and posted to R0adflew & I-club.com(WRX site).
I wonder if you could tell me how you feel about the change from WRX to MCS
The things I liked about the WRX:
1. Good, comfy, quiet highway cruising.
2. at 90MPH engine not revving so high(like MINI)
3. Fit and finish seem better. The plastic feels cheaper but everything is solid and would seem to last 75K miles.
4. Power after 3500 RPM is great!
5. in dash 6 disk CD for no extra $!!
6. Good chance it will be reliable car.
7. after 12,000 miles with off road use not 1 rattle!
Dont like about WRX:
1. the look!
2. the look!
3. Turbo lag
4. boring interior
Liked about Mini Cooper S:
1. The look
3. View of interior from drivers seat is awsome! (WRX is opposite)
4. Good low end pull.
5. option of sunroof
6. good stock stereo
Did NOT like about Mini Cooper S
1. Feeling that things not put together very well. In my rental with 7,000 miles ashtray cover fell off, bezel around handbrake kept coming off, etc.
2. Noisy when cruising.(may be due to quiet level of WRX on highway.
3. Revs high on the highway. Had Miata did the same & can annoy after a while.
4. On freeways in LA cars sort of wobble at high speed over certain highways. With the Mini it was almost nauseating(sp?)
5. Relaibility is very questionable.
6. Seat controls are seriously strange and even after all day using car still had to decipher the pictogram on the seat controls.
7. (just remembered) The annoying rattle of the hatch!!! I rather not have to use duct tape to fix a brand new car. I want it to be quiet from the start and to stay rattle free for a long time...Hope no other rattles come about!
So Limey any other insight? I almost have my WRX sold...Not as easy to sell this car as it may seem! But want to make sure it''s worth losing the money I am and hope insurance on MINI will be a bit cheaper.