post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2012, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Different Kind Of Monster

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

South Africa Male

Unhappy Cooper S Clicking noise when leaving clutch

Greetings to all. ive recently purchased a R53 Cooper S. Car is in excellent condition . however, when Im changing from 2nd to 3rd gear and let go of the clutch after shifting, i hear a moderately loud 'clicking' noise from the front left-side of the vehicle. No matter the speed of which i leave the clutch, the sound is still there. the gear changes are good, but the sound worries me. has anyone had such a problem? or know what it might be? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 08:37 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bosnia and Herzegovina Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalR53 View Post
Greetings to all. ive recently purchased a R53 Cooper S. Car is in excellent condition . however, when Im changing from 2nd to 3rd gear and let go of the clutch after shifting, i hear a moderately loud 'clicking' noise from the front left-side of the vehicle. No matter the speed of which i leave the clutch, the sound is still there. the gear changes are good, but the sound worries me. has anyone had such a problem? or know what it might be? thanks.
Hi, have you ever resolved this or found out what it is?
I have an r56 non-s, and I can hear the sound when pressing the clutch too. A couple of clicks from the front left side of car. Everyhting works fine, but I still want to know what it is and whether I need to intervene.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 01:16 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 05:09 PM
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

United States Male

Early Cooper Ss with the GreTrag tranny are known for this noise. It is the throwout bearing assembly rattling. If not a problem when shifting, ignore it. If it gets really loud and harder to shift then replace. But, this was a downside in the auto reviews when model was first produced.

Charlie Croker ,BRG 03 Cooper S, SCCA Solo, PDX, Time Trials, RoadRally, and Stella, 011 Oxford Grn Countryman S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply