MINI Cooper Forum banner

Changing Battery on MCS 2005 convertible

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  grizzlybiker04 
#1 ·
Just a quick question,do I have to do anything special when changing over the battery ? Will all my settings remain the same for instance ?
Ta
Jon

#5 ·
#6 ·
Battery

Thanks for that,new Bosch battery arrived today from Europarts and I swapped straight over. The only problem is that before I did that I noticed that where the old battery died,being a convertible the window "Dropped" as normal when you open the door. There wasnt enough juice left in the battery to raise it once you close the door. I failed to notice this and it rained overnight !!!! Greeted with an inch of water in the footwells !!! Luckily I have a wet vac and sucked 99% of it up but will wait and see if any damp issues/mold arises in the near future.:angry:

#8 ·
I bought a new battery from Halfords, a Bosch costing £99.99 and at £6.99 exra for fitting (in the rain on a cold night).

Hlafords had suggested a smaller battery than the original - "because our system says its OK" but I wanted and got a more expensive Bosch with a 5 year guarantee, same size and same electrical capacity (actually its a Bosch 61A/500A v Banner 62A/470A).

The only settings I lost were the radio presents on my after-market car audio.

Very happy with Hlafords, and whilst I could have got the battery cheaper (maybe £80) - on a wet cold night with instant service I was happy with Halfords.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.