MINI Cooper Forum banner

warning lights illuminated

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  marque 
#1 ·
Hi.

I have recently purchased a 2003 mini cooper S from my sister.

I thought I had bought a reasonably priced car?

few faults showing on dashboard ABS light on, cruise control light on, seatbelt warning light on and where the mileage should be displayed its showing the word code.

There has been a suggestion the engine bay was jet washed and these issues became apparent after that?.

My local bmw dealer suggest it may need a instrument panel at a cost of around £800.00 but wont guarantee that's the problem....

Any one out there HELP.

Cheers Paul.

Any suggestions

#3 ·
Hi ya

Well first things first you have answered you own question jet wash = problems

Right I would first disconnect your battery neg first the poss while this is disconnected do the following.

Remove, clean, dry and reconnect

1) Abs module plug
2) both DME ( engine computer) plugs
3) remove the lid of your engine bay fuse box remove relays and blow it out with an air line gently.( just remember where they go digi photo or just do one at a time )
4) throttle body plug

I use a switch cleaner/ lubricant from maplin just make shore the plugs are dry when you reconnect them.

Once this is done reconnect t the battery pos the neg

This should help you out

Hope this helps

Ps buy your self a diagnostic tool or buy the lead and dis software from ebay well worth it and lots cheeper than going to mini or an indi all the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.