I've got a 2002 R53 which overheated during the MOT. The Thermostat housing & temp sensor, Radiator and wiring to the Fan were replaced and all was apparrently fixed, until it overheated in traffic a week later. Back to the garage it went and they've called me today saying they can't find anything wrong. They've had the car apart and put it back together and can find nothing wrong. I now don't trust the car to stay cool in traffic. What else can it be?
The Radiator Fan Fuse (5a) in the fuse box keeps blowing so they're looking for something drawing more current than 5a through that. Could it be a faulty radiator fan / resistor?
I've also read that the PS fan is connected to the same circuit. Is it possible this is causing the issue?
Any help is much appreciated as I'm close to giving up and getting rid