MINI Cooper Forum banner

R53 Cooper S starting issues.

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CCroker 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, anyone having the same issues I'm having?.
2005 Cooper S with 76000 miles, new fuel filter, timing chain kit, induction kit and Sportex exhaust.
She'll fire up right off the key, sound amazing, start chugging and cut out. Then she'll just turn over n over till you flatten the battery if you want.
When she does start she runs like a wee sweetie till you get where you're going and switch off.
I did notice this morning that when the ignition was switched on I didn't hear the fuel pump priming up.
Is there a relay or dodgy connector somewhere that causes these problems?.
Not sure if the pumps have intermittent faults like this or if it's something I'm not catching on to.
Cheers for your info folks and I look forward to reading your replies... Del.

ps, The problem isn't always there, that's why I'm kinda baffled as to what it might be. Cheers again.

#2 ·
The fuel filter is part of the pump assembly, and issue sounds supply related, so maybe check the pump as it must have been apart at the filter change, especially if the car was fine before?

Only my2p

#3 ·
Don't know about 05, my 03 has the filter under right seat and pump under left seat, only lines connect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.