MINI Cooper Forum banner

XS Power Coilover set for R50/R52/R53 - Crosspost from NAM

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Zrowcool 
#1 ·
Picked up a set of XSPower Coilovers for the R50/R52/R53.
Coilovers were shipped quickly and had a very good build quality. I was impressed from the start.
Install went really smooth as the coils on these cars are very easy to swap out. I'd estimate it took me under an hour but i install a bunch of coilovers setups for cars and i have access to a lift and air tools.
The fronts are adjustable for height, preload, dampening and even come with camber plates installed. No dissasembly of the stock setup is needed on the front coils. Quality is top notch and very adjustable.
Rears are pre assembled but you have to use the top strut mount and bushing from the stock setup which isnt difficult to do.

They allow a drop of over 2 inches which can tuck the tires at all four corners. im not into the slammed look as i live in NYC and the car wont last at those low ride height levels so i opted for an almost stock height at around 2 fingers of fender gap on my 16" wheels.

The ride on the softest setting is pretty close to the stock Cooper S shocks being pretty firm yet not to the point where it was bouncy or brutal.
Turn the knob a few clicks to the hard setting and boy does the car handle a bunch better. Dive and squat are reduced greatly and the car feels more planted in corners without changing the sway bar at all.
ive been driving on them about a month now and am very happy with the setup. I havent hit the track yet as the weather has been somewhat crappy but im confident they'll do fairly well.

Overall a great coilover setup at a great price!

I do not work for XS Power, I just tested these out and am happy with their performance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.