MINI Cooper Forum banner

Door central locking problem

11K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
Hi all
Just picked up a 2004 cooper s and discovered it has a central locking problem with just the drivers door.
If you press unlock on the remote passenger door and boot unlock but not the drivers door so have to use the key in the lock but once open if you press lock the door locks but if you sit inside the car and press lock it won't lock nor will it lock with the interior switch or when you start off driving the car,
Any ideas?.
Many thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Just had this on my 2004 cooper, it would open drivers door and boot but not passenger door, once unlocked you could lock it from the remote.

I bought a new/used lock unit for the passenger door fitted it and all was well again, very easy fix but space is tight and its fiddly, took me about 45 minutes start to finish.

#5 ·
It’s always good to have a car locksmith’s number as we would face a tricky situation once at least by locking it unknowingly with the keys inside at these kind of circumstances it is better to always have the contact number of a Locksmith as he would help us to come out of such a situation because these are the people who have the real experience to help us come out of the situation and give us light to drive further.

#8 ·
Had the same thing with drivers door and repaired the same way others have stated. Replace the door lock actuator and you should be fine. Time consuming as stated due to space. I would advise hooking up the inside door cable before you get it in the door and mounted. Thinking I could successfully attach the cable after mounting was a waste of time.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.