MINI Cooper Forum banner

2006 R53 Radio Issue

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tdesilet 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 R53 I purchased about 6 months ago. After I purchased the car i noticed some electrical issues starting to happen. First thing I noticed and is still happening is after about 30 minutes of driving with the radio on the radio will shut off, I can turn it back on each time but it happens about every 30 minutes. Now with that being said if I start the car and drive it for about 10 minutes and try to turn the radio on it will not come on until I turn the car off and then back on. If I have the radio on and turn the car off the radio will continue to play until I turn it off at the radio. I'm so confused on this one. Please help!!!!!!

#3 ·
It is the Original Radio for that Model Cooper. Not sure if it is the Radio that came with the car from new. Not sure what code you are talking about and how to get it. If you could explain that would be great. I also have a Iphone cord coming out of the back of the radio to play music, not sure if has anything to do with the issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.