MINI Cooper Forum banner

Reset my Airbag light :)

13K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  minione2002 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Hope you're all okay.

As titled..

Is there anyone on here local to me NORTH WEST London Area with a diagnostics tool that doesn't mind helping me to reset my airbag light?

Or point me in the right direction with whats causing it to light using their tool.

Any help would be appreciated..

Beer tokens will be given.

Thanks for reading regards.

#4 ·
Thing is I have a cable and Inpa software.. I'm able to read, clear faults and code with this.

Only problem is it doesn't clearly tell me what exactly is causing the air bag light. Well at least with it being in German I can't make sense of it.

Ideally I don't wanna pay £40 for something I'll use once.

I was hoping someone would be able to help me but it's fine if not.

Worth a try loool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Hi,

I am in SW London with a airbag reset tool it reads the code, does not tell you where the fault is just the codes mine were a 10 then a 6.

Had this issue time & time again and got fed up, bloody lights so I used a couple of these resistors to fool the system, it worked once I used my B800 code reader for airbags and extinguished the air bag warning light. Only occurs on moving the seats...checked for broken wiring could seen none so I Purchased from eBay two resistors that slot into original yellow socket main wiring leads up to the seat.

Check out under the heading on eBay: ALL OHMS SRS AIRBAG RESISTOR PLUG IN 0.25W 2 AMP FUSED BYPASS FAULT LIGHT 2P, they were 11.45 for 2 with postage .

These will also be MOT compliant as they show the light on ignition and then off, as they should do. I was going to remove or paint over the led light or the sign for the air bags, then I was told this would be a failure on the MOT.

regards

#8 · (Edited)
Although this is an option it's not something I'd personally recommend and wouldn't do myself. Most of the time the fault lies with the connector plug itself and one way round it is to cut the plug off and solder the wires together rather than bridge the circuit out.

Also worth considering; what's to say the fault is with plug on the seat? I certainly wouldn't be wasting time/ effort and money on guess work only to find the light still on after faffing about with resistors etc!

Have the fault code read by a code reader and address the fault head on. This is the right course of action ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.