MINI Cooper Forum banner

Heater Issues - Only Warm

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
Hi

Gradually getting little issues done and just need some pointers on the heater. At the moment the heater is blowing only lukewarm air around even on 'High' but i have removed the cover to the heater matrix and the pipes are very hot

Any idea's?

Thanks, James :big_grin:

#2 ·
Double check the system doesn't need bleeding first with the heater set on high with the fan blowing, other alternative could be a blocked heater matrix. When did it last have a coolant flush ? Check the bleed screw on the hose above the alternator and crack it to see if it starts weeping fluid, if it is an air lock, once bled it should fire up the heater very quickly.

#3 ·
The above is what steps I ran through at Xmas - i bought my 02 MCS then and the heater had packed in. We flushed it out, it got warmer but not 'HOT'. We blasted it through to try and unblock it, it got a bit warmer still but not.. 'HOT'!

Did have to replace the matrix in the end, but the steps Milpol recommends are defo the way to go to see if what you have is fit for purpose! GL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.