• Aiden, who's got litres & litres in the drive,

Votes: 84 26.3%
  • Cat Eating Rakey - he who spec's best at the pub

Votes: 23 7.2%
  • ABG , who has Mod Mania ! and Porsche fever :eek:

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • MartinL, back in a MINI, still the official beanie-type

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Mo who's binning his Works and going even more elitist with a Cooper S LE :p

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • jimskater, who got married & is on his way back to Blighty

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • puck, who's pullied, painted, and wants a new job ! :D

• Shane, who's years too late.... and gone far, far away ;)

• mad brummie, who ate all of his alphabet soup and was left with a Zed

Votes: 30 9.4%
  • ONED, the diesel loving, Annie beating handyman ! :D

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • lavs, who needs to start Speccin' something soon

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • pappillon , who looks very good in all black ;)

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • CooperID who wants some big stoppers ! :D

• Wobert, who needs to do some last-minute Speccin.....:p

• Goonery, who is busy with very complicated recipies...

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Ruthie, who is constantly smiling whilst driving her Lippy Red S ! :cool: ;)

Votes: 21 6.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

S Speccin' by Aiden,Jim,Mo,Martin,Rakey,Sham,Washy and others !

5M views 79K replies 309 participants last post by  AidenL 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, its time to get down to business.......;)

Time to put my money where my mouth is.....

Heres my thoughts on my preferred specification -

Metallic Paint - DS/White Roof
or Chilli Red / White Roof

Chilli Pack
Climate Control Upgrade
DSC
Alarm
Boost / Single CD Player
Sunroof
Leather Upgrade - Possible
MFSW - Possible
Head Bags - Possible

I havent seen too many people go for the head airbags ?? What do you guys think ?? Potential lifesavers, or are the standard 4 airbags adequate ?

Also, the roads where I live arent conducive to Cruise Control, so Im thinking maybe skip the MFSW.....

Finally, I like Black/ Black Half leather, but thinking of the full leather upgrade, though if I upgrade, Id go for Lapis Blue, or the rumoured Red / Black Leather, if it was available, would definitely make me upgrade.......anyone know if its coming? MiNiGuY, where are you when i need you !!??

MINI Ireland havent even released the prices of the Climate / leather upgrades from the Chilli Pack yet, so I cant even finalise my overall spec despite numerous e-mails being exchanged......

Do I need, as opposed to do I want the sunroof with climate ? I have the sunroof on my current Cooper, and while its noisy, it does lighten the whole interior of the car......

All opinions and comments would be welcomed.....

:)

I'm not ordering until early September, for January delivery, but I want LOADS of time to play with the options possibilities.......;) :p

Oh, and how much are those R90s in the UK........Irish price is approx Uk Prices X2 in Euros......is there a rebate on the S Spokes if you upgrade ??:confused:

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Im starting to Specify my S ! Opinions please ......

AidenL said:
Oh, and how much are those R90s in the UK........Irish price is approx Uk Prices X2 in Euros......is there a rebate on the S Spokes if you upgrade ??:confused:

Aiden,The R90's in the uk cast a whopping £2k however I'm in secret talks with my dealer trying to do a deal about swapping my S spokes with a small amount of cash for them.

PS,Am I winning.:confused: :confused:

PPS,Dont forget the no cost option CD prep.:)

#3 ·
Dinger, thats a lot of dosh !!!

That would be pushing the outer edges of my budget .....maybe a step too far, though that pic of Colorado S's car really is aspirational....

Are you winning with your dealer on the negotiations ??

CD prep, forgot about that, thanks for the tip !!;) :)

#4 ·
Nice one Aiden and welcome to the waiting club.

An extra set of air bags definitely improves safety. If your budget allows it, I'd say go for them. If not, forget about the MFSW and get them.

As for the R90's. I think the prices in the Netherlands and Ireland are comparable (ie f*cking high) cause of the bloody taxes. For example an MCS (standard manual A/C and MFSW) over here costs Euro 27,200 (in Germany you pay Euro 19,800!). A set of R90's costs Euro 2,600 in the Netherlands, so I can't imagine a set would do Euro 4,000 in Ireland.

In september there will be definitely more news of the possible black/red upholstery. Think you might even be the first one with that combo on a DS :cool:

Till then, have strength and remember patience is a virtue ;) :)

PS Change and re-change whatever you want, just hang on to that DS/w combo ;)

#5 ·
QQQ,

List here with no MFSW or AC as standard is € 27450.00 including delivery.....

€ 2600.00 might be OK for the R90s, if I could get a rebate on the S spokes.......;)

DS/W is first choice but CR/W is kinda tempting me .....:)...kinda a fun colour ??

It is diametrically opposed to DS/W though, more serious combo I guess, classier...... :confused:

#8 ·
Aiden,

Go for the Chilli Red like me. Can you imagine DS on a dreary winters day - Ugh, dull or what. Stuff the airbags also! Just adds more weight, don't crash that's all. Hope you can cope with the waiting factor, it's driving me nuts right now but the dealer says 24th July for delivery, so fingers well and truly crossed that my baby arrives before the summer's over.

#13 ·

AidenL said:
Well, its time to get down to business.......;)

Time to put my money where my mouth is.....

Heres my thoughts on my preferred specification -

Metallic Paint - DS/White Roof
or Chilli Red / White Roof

Chilli Pack
Climate Control Upgrade
DSC
Alarm
Boost / Single CD Player
Sunroof
Leather Upgrade - Possible
MFSW - Possible
Head Bags - Possible

Spec time is it.:D...Well.........:p
Chili Pack........without a doubt.
Climate...........I'm not convinced.
BOOST/Single CD...Why not BOOST/CD Auto?:)
Sunroof...........Not my cup of tea, I think they ruin the look.
leather upgrade...I did then sacked it in, I was worried that it would look naff in a couple of years.
MFSW..............I'm getting one, everyone seems to like them.
Head Airbags......I had originally gone for them, but then binned them to save cash. Looking back I wish I hadn't:rolleyes:. Get them, they could save your life.

:)

#14 ·

AidenL said:
Do I need, as opposed to do I want the sunroof with climate ? I have the sunroof on my current Cooper, and while its noisy, it does lighten the whole inetrior of the car......
Aiden,
I used a MINI without the sunroof for a day, and it seemed rather confined and gloomy within, compared to mine that has it. I also just had "comfort opening" programmed, and it's such a pleasure to open up before you get in, as well as impressing admirers no end (I don't have many admirers, but the car has plently!). I don't like A/C much in any case and note from various posts that it seems to be a drain on the car's performance.:rolleyes:

As for colour, DS looks just fine in overcast weather, but I can see why you might go for CR/W, it is a great combo. If you do get a sunroof, DS/B is the way to go IMHO - it looks great. I know the roads in Ireland a bit, and think you're right not to bother with MFSW, I certainly have no regrets on that score.

Have fun speccing your car, but remember, the main ingredient is what comes as standard!:D :D

#15 ·
Welcome to the "Wait club" Aiden :p
Your spec sounds lovely and the waitis not too long.
Head airbags are a nice idea, but like you I'm not hearing of people getting them. I haven't heard much stories about them been lifesavers. Maybe get them if you're vain? It'll save cuts and bruises facially I guess :rolleyes:
Sunroof is a must...
In my last two cars I had a/c and didn't go for the sunroofs as the salepeople talked me out of it :confused:
I have really missed having a roof as it's really nice to have the freeflowing air on nice sunny days, like today for instance :)
May you wait be a pleasant one, but I'm sure it will just be fraught with much indecision :p :p

p.s. go for the CR/wht :D

#16 ·
Get the head airbags after all if you ever need them, you probably won't be able to regret not getting them. By the way, they're standard equipment on the US MINIs so in a sense a lot of people are getting them. Also get the MFSW (budget allowing). Forget the cruise control, it is the audio controls that are the great bit.

#20 ·
Guys, thanks for all your comments - Ive just spent the evening demolishing my bathroom, so this is the first chance Ive had to check in !!:)

LMB - Why not convinced on climate ??:confused: I though Id add the CD changer later to keep costs down just now......Im not convinced on the longevity of the leather either based on the pics Ive seen, but will the side bolsters wear any better ?

Addicted to S - I agree on the sunroof, I love the feeling of airiness it gives - Im still not sure on which colour to go for though !:confused:

Martin L - Ditto on the roof.....I just cant decide on DS/W v CR/White - I havent seen enough pics.....

Sejanus - Good thought on the headbags.....

Smiffy - Any pics of the aero spoiler? Any idea how much ?

dinger - you are really working hard to keep me faithful to DS/W - like the spots too.......how much are they ??

RickB- I take your comment on the weight, but I am partial to some creature comforts !! I suppose an extra passanger could negate most of the weight savings occasionally though......

Again, thanks for the comments, im taking them all on board..:)

And BTW, this is the second time I typed this reply - machine crashed the first time !!:mad: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.