MINI Cooper Forum banner

Rear right brake sticking / dragging

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kingg47 
#1 ·
Read some bits and pieces about others having a sticking / dragging rear brake.

Had an issue with corroded discs and uneven wear, groves on the back of the disc, did not look good at all.

Replaced both discs and pads, cleaned pad sideways & lubricated with copper grease etc. But now less than 100 miles later I still have the issue of the right rear getting substantially hotter than the rear left, so much so that the heat is spreading throughout the whole alloy. Each of the 5 spokes are nice & warm. When I jack the left up with the handbrake off the left spins fine (touches a bit), but the right takes considerably more effort to spin and stops instantly from spinning when I stop turning it.

Could it be dirt/grime/corrosion the rear bushing guides, between the rubber & calliper / guide bolt? Need a clean, I overlooked to lubricate this. Though I unscrewed the bolt to remove the calliper.

Please does anyone have a method to sort this out DIY style, rather than being ripped off by a dealer? I would really like to sort this out myself if I can, and save some money, plus it must be costing me loads in fuel.

Thanks
Greg

04 Cooper

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.