LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Silver Black Help! R50 engine tick/knock

Hi I just joined the forums to get some help thoug I have been visiting and reading all your guys problems about power steering failure and TC tensioner. So my problem is I have an 02 mini r50 that developed back in August and the cat has been parked since. I had thought from research an hearing clips on YouTube that I diagnosed the problem as the timing chain tensioner so yesterday I replaced t. First off I think it was almost too easy. I didn't have to move the car fore or aft to get it to slide in nor did I have to push hrd to get the head screw to compress the tensioner enough to catch threads. Now I wouldn't be questioning anything if the knock went away when I changed the tensioner however it's still there. One more twist to this is there's a point when releasing the clutch at the moment the gear catches the sound will stop for a split second. However depressing the clutch in drive or neutral doesnt change a sound just te release as gear catches. I'm thinkin maybe a chain guard or stretched chain, maybe a lifter or something in the engine. I no mechanic just have some tools and a little know how. Please help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , ,

Quick Reply