post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2014, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 09:59 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England

no talking from satnav :-(

Help please...I've installed an after market stereo in my r53 cooper s and now my satnav is making no noise...I put the adapter from the old stereo straight into an adapter I got off eBay..everything else is great apart from nothing from satnav...am I missing something??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2014, 10:44 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

The adapter you bought was it to change the big standard plug into the 2 universal stereo plugs. If so then you won't get sat nav sound through the stereo. The way I got round this ...
In the back of the big square original stereo plug there is a little 2 wire plug that goes in their, this is for the sat nav sound. I cut the wires to this & connected them to a wire with a jack plug on the end. I then plugged the jack plug into the aux socket on the new stereo & when I want to hear the sat nav I just switch the stereo to aux & get the sound loud & clear through my speakers. I know this isn't the ideal way but it works well
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2014, 07:22 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 09:59 PM
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathwebbo View Post
The adapter you bought was it to change the big standard plug into the 2 universal stereo plugs. If so then you won't get sat nav sound through the stereo. The way I got round this ...
In the back of the big square original stereo plug there is a little 2 wire plug that goes in their, this is for the sat nav sound. I cut the wires to this & connected them to a wire with a jack plug on the end. I then plugged the jack plug into the aux socket on the new stereo & when I want to hear the sat nav I just switch the stereo to aux & get the sound loud & clear through my speakers. I know this isn't the ideal way but it works well
Problem with aux is you only get satnav, no music. What if you used a Y lead and an MP3 player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply