MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:47 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

Exclamation Thinking of buying 2005 mini-HELP

Hello everyone,
I just had my car stolen and I am thinking of buying a MINI. I have been trying to do research because I cannot afford to buy new and I am trying to get the best used possible. There is a 2005 grey and Black mini $8500, 65K miles for sale in my area (California, US). Manual, clean title. Sports, cold weather and premiere packages including moon roof. Looks good from the pics online and spoke with the owner and they said they had the clutch rebuilt and there is a light for the passenger airbag that wont go off is the only problems. I also called a local mini dealer and they said it would be $180 to have it fully inspected for any problems and just from information provided, MINI recommends "re-hoseing" of entire car at 60K or 70K to prevent over heating that will cost $1700. I know that the upkeep is more expensive then most cars but supposed to be less frequent?

I will take all the info I can get. You can touch on all of the subjects I mentioned or just one or anything else you can think of that I should know before I bu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 07:57 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

To be honest there must be cars with no problems, the airbag light is on for a reason and its unlikely to be fixed by simply turning it off. Ask why its for sale with such faults rather than them being fixed first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.