MINI Cooper Forum banner

06 plate back box and bracket

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aberthaw01 
#1 · (Edited)
Advice required plz The bracket holding the back box up a has snapped off Down to corrosion and the back box is not that good condition or the long pipe tbh been painted silver to look good would that be down to the garage I bought it from 3 weeks ago Under warranty or should I just pay?

And does the replacement back box have the chrome end or does it come off the old one.
Any advice would be much appreciated

#4 ·
I have an aftermarket exhaust and chrome tailpipe trim on my 2004 Cooper, fitted by a previous owner. Invoice shows £140-ish for the exhaust and £20 for the chrome tailpipe trim.

I fitted a new hanger bracket last week as the hanging rubbers had perished. I had to cut the nuts off the old bracket to remove it - rusted solid.

The new Klarius hanger bracket was £15-ish delivered from CarParts4Less using the "SAVEME75" discount code. They don't list the part for the MINI on CarParts4Less but since it is a Eurocarparts company just find the ECP part code on their site and then search for it on CP4less. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.