MINI Cooper Forum banner

Early cooper fuel filter

8K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Aussiegregs 
#1 ·
I read some early Coopers have non serviceable fuel filters?

#11 ·
Looks like I'll just put an inline filter in, the cars just a cheap run around, I always try and maintain everything that needs it, but a cheap run about quickly turns into a money pit converting stuff like that, thanks for the help anyway guys, much appreciated

#14 ·
Yup, far easier to remove both the fuel filter unit and fuel pump when working on either. not really difficult but with a 1/4 tank or less, less chance of spillage but you need to be methodical and take your time so you don't spill fuel inside the car and use a lot of rags. Modmini on YouTube does a filter change but to me, its far easier to remove the whole filter unit and less chance of spillage. If you PM me your email I can send you a PDF I made based on both Filter and Pump unit removal but its to large to upload as an attachment. You only need basic tools and lots of rags to swap them out. When I did my fuel pump, it took 15 mins with a full fuel tank under a carport.

I had fuel starvation issues due to an old style filter, swapped it out and 3 days later the pump failed, as I chose to buy new units for both items, it cost me around AUD $850.00. Sourcing the filter unit from a wrecker should save a few dollars and just change the filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.