MINI Cooper Forum banner

How Much Miles Do You Get For A Full Tank?

51K views 56 replies 38 participants last post by  Robbog 
#1 ·
Hi i have just purchased a used Mini Cooper and was wondering how much everybody gets for a full tank of petrol. I don't think i have a trip computer thing so i don't know the mpg i'm getting at the moment.
Anyway i get approx 230 - 260 miles.

#3 ·
welcome to mini2.

i have a cooper with about 18,000 miles on the clock & i usually get around 300 miles to a full tank, but thats from brim full to almost bone dry - the warning light comes on with a good gallon still left in the tank. the best i've managed (not out of choice i'll add) was 50 miles with the warning light on

#6 ·
My Cooper has done 2800 odd miles, before 2000 miles got about 200 - 230 miles a tank (I ran it in to procedure!) - it has been steadily rising to 280 - 300 but I do like the accelerator pedal.
I try and keep a record whenever I fill up, to verify ;)

I'm either running on Opti-Max or BP Ultimate.

#7 ·
Max said:
MCS GGR - 220 to 230 miles per tank

max :red:
Have you got a GGR :eek:.. NEVERRRRRR :rolleyes:
takes closer look at Sig

ciao AM and welcome to MINI2

I ... well the Mrs has a MC with an Air Intake and Sports Exhaust, I drive it quite regularly ;) and with a heavy right foot i manage to get 240-270 with some change left

do you have the button on the left stalk for the trip computer?

#11 ·
In normal driving (which involves using a gear or two less than I probably should be doing so I keep in the sweet spot, accelerating when I see a nice corner, accelerating just to hear my K&N ;) ) I get between 230 and 250 miles.

On long motorway trips (alternating between 4th/5th with the odd burst in 3rd for overtaking) I get between 320 and 350.

One thing I have noticed though - the MINI really does adapt to how you drive it! Push it hard and hold onto gears, and it'll be faster, rev freer, and of course be less economical. Or drive in 5th at 50mph everywhere and/or drive like a Grandma and it's happier to cruise at lower speeds and fuel consumption will go down.

Personally, I prefer the former :p

#14 ·
I have a MC with cat back exhaust, air filter and JCW ECU tune. I get arround 250 miles to a tank and that is from full to sitting in the red light.

It depends on what type of driving i do. If its motorway or round town so on. There is a difference, ill get more if im at a constant speed on the motorway and less round town.

Magik

#15 ·
the worst ive had was 180 miles on a full tank mostley average about 270 miles all the time thats in town driving and on the main roads as well to work every day

got the best fuel econamy towing my caravan to newquay and back got 340 miles out of a tank of juice now explain that one

#21 ·
Seems that way sejanus! Could that be due to us having nice country roads? Last time I checked my trip computer the average mpg was 26.? and the average speed was 40.? IIRC!!!
I tend to get around 250-270 per tank. Don't know what I get on the motorway as I hardly use it. Although I've somehow clocked up 10500 miles in 5 months of which most of that is evening mileage!!!!
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.