I noticed one side light bulb was blown so replaced it, it sounds easy but is quite awkward due to the small space to put your hand onto the bulb holder.
1) open bonnet look at the front inline with the bulb there is a cut out to get access to the indicator and side light bulb.
2) remove indicator bulb holder, this is bigger and has little grips that allow you to twist it anti clockwise easily. Now this is out the way you have a lot more room to get to the small and awkward side light holder.
3) twist anti clockwise , mines was not budging so sprayed a bit of WD-40 and tried after few minutes
4) side light bulb is a 501 Wedge bulb, just pulls out and new one pushes in.
5) refitting is same as removal, fit sidelight holder first, indicator holder next.
6) check all is working close bonnet
I wanted to fit brighter xenon type side light bulbs but didn't want to spend money on buying a normal one whilst the xenon arrive off ebay, so as a temporary measure I used one from the foot well lights, I'l put it back in when I install the new ones.
Hope this helps, by the way don't try to do it in the dark its really hard to get the holder back in.