MINI Cooper Forum banner

OEM mirror cover vs mirror covers

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MangaGal 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I've been thinking about changing the wing mirrors cover (black) on my R50 2004 MC since the LHS mirror cover has been scratched up pretty good.

I have started looking on eBay, and found there are two types of covers I can get. I'm a bit indecisive so thought I'd post here for any opinion on these two products.

1) OEM mirror wing cover - it requires taking the existing covers off to install them. MINI Cooper Checkered Mirror Caps Set Brand New OEM | eBay

2) fit over original mirror cover - these covers fit over the top of the original covers so there's no need to take the existing covers off. 01-06 MINI Cooper/Cooper S/Convertible Chequered Flag MIRROR Wing Caps Cover RHD | eBay

I have searched online for feedback but I couldn't find anyone who has bought the #2 covers. Appreciate any info.

#2 ·
Depends how fussy you are for fit and how important the cost saving/fitting time is.....the covers are cheaper, easier to fit but not completely flush fitting at the edges like the original factory style mirror caps are, as they just stick over the top of the original caps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.