MINI Cooper Forum banner

Remove Rear Bumper

13K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  rdb85 
#1 ·
So was out shopping and came back to my car and someone or something has hit the side of my bumper and pushed the plastic out of the clips. Having had a quick look its held on my a screw and two plastic clips into the bumper, what would be the best method to use to put it back together?

#4 ·
In all seriousness Rob, I was hit in the rear left side of the bumper, got 98% of the damage with a heat gun and resprayed the whole bumper. There is ever so much of a slight deformation in the body that is seen when the wheel trim matches up with the bumper. Take the whole bumper off the car and you will see if the clips or the clip sockets are buggered so your either up for a new bumper or bumper trims. Pics would be good to see if you can post them up. If your lucky, you may be able to salvage the whole lot and need a bit of a buff and wax.

Pics of my bumper damage attached.

Attachments

#5 ·
Mines not that bad it's the trim on the side of the arch so the back of the tyre. It's been pushed in. It looks like two clips but I am just wondering how to put the bumper back in it's correct position. I will take some pics in the morning

#9 ·
Can't remember how those trim pieces are fastened to the bumper, but... the bumper is just 4 plastic screw/clips (2 in each wheel arch) and 2 screws (visible once you lift the tailgate).

No need to remove the wheels if you got a small enough screwdriver for the clips inside the wheel arch.

#16 ·
I had enough spares to practically rebuild 2 Morris Marina's and quarter of a classic mini in my attic. If the wife knew about that I'd be a dead man. I have been filtering the Marina's out bit by bit over the last few years. I'm surprised the ceiling has never caved in tbh :serious:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.