LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 07:46 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Norway Male

Blue Cooper Retrofitting Chrono

Does anyone here have any idea and/or a clue as to how easy it would be to retrofit the senter dial from the chrono pack?
Are all the wires already in the loom, or is this pack spesific?

I currently have navigation, but since the map is from the year 1648 and doesn't really suit my needs, i'd rather have my water temp there instead.

Part in question is in attachments.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	211001  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
MINI2 Senior

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

I'm told by 'my man' who breaks, rebuilds, buys sells Gen1 minis and knows a lot about them that the wires are not there in the loom and it is therefore a difficult retro fit. He has one and I desperately want it!! But it looks like it is too difficult, even for him. Don't take this as gospel, it may be incorrect. If so, please let me know and how you do it as I really want one. Mine's standard, no SatNav, so it might be different loom-wise.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 07:44 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fitted chrono centre dial and twin speedo/rev counter to my GP , as I thought the oil and temp gauges would be more useful on a potentially track day car . All works fine , save for the tyre pressure warning light showing yellow and the traction control disabled . Not a problem if you want to use the performance without the DSC cutting the engine when the wheels spin . Also , the odometer is showing a different mileage . None of these are insurmountable with access to the right resetting equipment , or a problem in daily use , and I plan to refit the original gauges when and if I part with the car .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.