MINI Cooper Forum banner

Facelift One ('05) Confusion...may have posted in wrong place sorry!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Triang 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the market for a Mini One - I want the facelift '05 model primarily because of the much more reliable Getrag gearbox ( and I like some of the updates too )

I have read the MINI2 guide on the differences but I may have misinterpreted them. I think the guide tells me that the facelift has a revised interior - and from the pictures a three spoke steering wheel to replace the original , chunky two spoke version ( which I never liked anyway) .

However I have seen a number of 2005 Ones' which have the facelifted models exterior mods but still have the old two spoke steering wheel ... see here

Search Ebay item number 181343549637 ... Sorry I cannot post URLs because I am a new member ( )

I have even seen the old 2 spoke on a 2007 One Convertible (?) here...

Search Ebay item number 281311055851

Now this really confuses me! I thought the convertibles all had the 05 facelift fittings from the very start?

As for the hatchback - yes I know some miht be old pre facelift stock sold in 2005 ... but not with facelift exteriors surely?

So to put the record straight and so I can identify true facelift 05 models BEFORE I waste time going to view them etc (sio I make sure I get the Getrag box) ....

Can anyone tell me when the 3 spoke wheel was introduced and what is a sure-fire indicator that the Mini is an updated 05 facelift model .?

Thanks in advance !
United Kingdom

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.