post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

England Mini One ECU Remap

Hey all, just wanted to get some advice please. I've just got a mini one 1.6 2003 petrol with 112k on the clock, as standard this is 90bhp. I would like to make some mods to it so that i can have a fast/sporty ride.

I have read some of the topics on here but most are pretty much dated 2006 or so. So i would like some advice about remapping as this seems to be one of the easiest/quickest ways to up the power. I have read that MTH is supposed to be good, but having visited their websites they don't seem to be working besides showing the homepage, so maybe they're no longer in business? I have also read Bluefin although i got the feeling that many didn't like the Bluefin.

So i have about 1k to spend and ideally i'd like to get as much BHP as possible with the least amount of potential problems. the car is NOT under warranty so i have no issues there.

If you could please recommend companies/people based in the UK i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2014, 06:32 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 06:54 PM

United Kingdom Male

The bluefin works well on the mini one. Your one engine is exactly the same as the cooper engine but the power is reduced by the ecu, the bluefin remaps it back to full power which will put it just above a standard cooper & you should get around 120bhp. The bad stories you have heard about the bluefin will most likely be the bluefin for the cooper s
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 2014, 10:58 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:54 PM

United Kingdom

I'd almost clicked "order" earlier, but I just wanted to double-check something...

Has anyone done a Bluefin remap on an Auto Mini One? I don't want to be in a position where the - because the gearbox SW wasn't updated or some such - the wife ends up picking pieces of gears up on the M40

Thank you all!

D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.