MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini One ECU Remap

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dglumac 
#1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to get some advice please. I've just got a mini one 1.6 2003 petrol with 112k on the clock, as standard this is 90bhp. I would like to make some mods to it so that i can have a fast/sporty ride.

I have read some of the topics on here but most are pretty much dated 2006 or so. So i would like some advice about remapping as this seems to be one of the easiest/quickest ways to up the power. I have read that MTH is supposed to be good, but having visited their websites they don't seem to be working besides showing the homepage, so maybe they're no longer in business? I have also read Bluefin although i got the feeling that many didn't like the Bluefin.

So i have about 1k to spend and ideally i'd like to get as much BHP as possible with the least amount of potential problems. the car is NOT under warranty so i have no issues there.

If you could please recommend companies/people based in the UK i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

#2 ·
The bluefin works well on the mini one. Your one engine is exactly the same as the cooper engine but the power is reduced by the ecu, the bluefin remaps it back to full power which will put it just above a standard cooper & you should get around 120bhp. The bad stories you have heard about the bluefin will most likely be the bluefin for the cooper s

#3 ·
I'd almost clicked "order" earlier, but I just wanted to double-check something...

Has anyone done a Bluefin remap on an Auto Mini One? I don't want to be in a position where the - because the gearbox SW wasn't updated or some such - the wife ends up picking pieces of gears up on the M40 :)

Thank you all!

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.